Is This A Product I Should Have?
There is a legitimate argument that individual disability insurance may be the most important financial product you own. Everything you have now and expect to own in the future is based on your ability to earn an income. This product is designed to replace a portion of your income in case you are no longer able to work because of something like cancer, heart disease, or some other illness. The top reasons people normally buy this are;
- To Protect Their Family
- Start a New Job/Career
- Witness a Friend/Colleague Become Disabled
- Finish Residency Training or Law School
- Hit a Financial Milestone Where you Realize the Need
We sell individual disability insurance policies to white-collar professionals across the entire country. The Provider Choice policy is one of the best policies available on the market today. We invite you to use the calculator on this page to see what the price would be for a policy and please call us with any questions.
What are the Chances I Will Need it?
- 1 in 4 workers will become disabled during their working years
- 1 in 8 workers will experience a long-term disability lasting 5 years or more
- The average long-term disability is 2.5 years
- 90% of claims are from illnesses like cancer, heart disease, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and lupus
What Does the Individual Disability Insurance Cover?
Most people think about a car accident causing them to become disabled, but the reality is almost 90% of long-term disabilities are caused by an illness.1 Major illnesses like cancer, heart disease, and ALS are certainly covered, but one of the leading causes is musculoskeletal disorders causing almost 29% of claims.1 If you have a high-quality policy it will also cover mental/psychiatric disorders2, as well as neurological disorders. Injuries and accidents only account for about 10% of the claims.